Saturday, May 31, 2008

As many as I can remember

One of the first was Tom from Alabama, who was gracious enough to show me the pot scrubbing station. Now Tom was a big fella like me and what with me growing up in Mississippi we just seemed to hit it off. I got his good ol boy jokes where some of the city folk and yankees did not. Next came Barbara who if I remember correctly was stirring a large kettle of corn on a fish cooker. I learned the difficulty of not burning while bringing up to correct temperature. Randall was next and it took me a day or 2 to make the connection that he was Barbara's husband. Now Randall was one of those little guys who would just plum work you into the ground. He was a great pleasure to work with. And we spent more than a few hours at the sinks together. The 3 ladies in the kitchen knew their domain and shoo'd me out in a right good hurry. They were gracious enough to let me boil the water to heat the cambro's, as long as I was not in the kitchen. HA. OK, thats it, I have got to find my journal. Cause we had 2 lead cooks, a blue cap, the fella doing warehouse and a bunch of others that its hurting my feelings not being able to mention them by name. So I am going to shelve this for now and move on to the next post which will be: Thoughts and emotions.

No comments: